This course aims to provide you with some of the knowledge, skills and practical experience to pursue a career or further study in health, social care and child care.
The Cambridge Technical Level 3 Diploma is equivalent to two A-Levels and consists of the following units:
• Building positive relationships in health and social care
• Equality, diversity and rights in health and social care
• Health, safety and security in health and social care
• Anatomy and physiology for health and social care
• Infection control
• Personalisation and a person-centred approach to care
• Creative activities for children and young people
• Nutrition for health
• Promote positive behaviour
• Promoting health and wellbeing
• Principles of youth work practice
This course suits people who are interested in working and developing careers with vulnerable people of all ages and abilities in a health and social care capacity. Skills and knowledge will be assessed through both externally set and assessed exams as well as internally set and assessed assignments. The internally assessed assignments will include a number of different types of assessment methods which may include presentations, reports, posters, information booklets and case studies.
Health and social care is one of the largest industry sectors and offers a huge choice of careers. Future opportunities could include careers such as health care assistant, midwife, nurse, social worker, support worker, youth worker & higher education/university courses such as early childhood studies. As such, we would expect students to be self-motivated, with an interest in and enthusiasm for understanding the practical nature of health, social care, child care and youth work.
Examination Board: OCR
Qualification: Cambridge Technical Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care