Uniform is fundamental to the JCoSS inclusive ethos as it helps all children to learn together on an equal basis. All uniform listed below is compulsory, unless noted as optional.
Items marked with a * must be purchased from the school uniform supplier (see below).
- Black blazer with purple trim*
- Grey knitted, v-necked jumper with purple stripe in the ‘V’*
- Girls – either black trousers with JCoSS logo or plain black school skirt with JCoSS logo*
- Boys – plain black trousers*
- Plain white polyester-cotton or cotton blouse (girls) or shirt (boys) with collar, long or short sleeves
- Plain white v-neck t-shirt/vest (optional): this should not be visible
- Socks must be worn and must be black without patterns or logos. Girls may wear plain black or flesh coloured non-patterned tights. Anklets may not be worn
- Plain black low-heeled leather shoes (no stiletto heels/clogs/ankle or knee length boots; nor any trainer-style, ‘slingback’,backless or open-toed shoes)
- A plain practical school bag
- Kippa (optional) – a school kippa is available for purchase from the school
- Make-up and piercings are not permitted other than one pair of plain small earrings/earstuds worn in the earlobe. Rings and necklaces should not be worn (other than a discreet religious symbol on a necklace worn under the shirt)
- Hair should be of a natural colour and not shorter than grade 2. Long hair must be tied back using a tie of discreet design and colour
- Coats should be waterproof and of discreet colour. We recommend the ‘3-in-1’ available from the Uniform Supplier.
- Purple polo shirt with JCoSS logo*
- Plain black football style shorts with JCoSS logo*
- Plain black football style socks: a change of socks is essential, as feet can get wet during PE lessons!
- Multi-purpose plimsolls/training shoes with non-marking soles
- Purple and black football style shirt*
- Outdoor wear: either black tracksuit (trousers and top) with purple trim* or hooded PE top*
- Students may bring their own sports equipment and sport-specific footwear (e.g. football/hockey boots) for out-of-lesson practices and matches should they wish to.
Official uniform suppliers:
- Uniform4Kids – 1103/05 Finchley Road, London NW11 0QB. Tel: 020 8209 0999.
- Lyons School Shop – 242 Hertford Road, Enfield, EN3 5BL. Tel: 020 8804 3627.
- Howard Bros – 30 The Broadway, Mill Hill, NW7 3LL. Tel 020 8959 4987
The uniform is priced to be amongst the most affordable of those required by good state schools. Support is available for families with current proof of receipt of state benefits (Jobseeker’s Allowance, Incapacity Benefit, Income Support, Working Tax Credit or Free School Meals). Families in need of support should contact the School Business Manager.
JCoSS is proudly partnered with ethical suppliers.